What is a Privacy Statement and Why it is Important
We know your personal information is important to you and it is also important to Gallery Systems. This Privacy Statement tells you what we use your personal information for and explains your rights around how we use it. Please read this Privacy Statement to understand how and why we use your personal information.
If you give us personal information about someone else, please make sure you have their permission and please make them aware of this Privacy Statement as it also applies to them.
Who Controls Your Information
For the purposes of the applicable data protection legislation, Gallery Systems and Suncoast Web Solutions are the only companies that have access to your data. You will find our contact details in the “Contact us” section below.
Information We May Collect and Process
We may collect and process the following categories of data:
Information you give us
1. Full name
2. E-mail address
3. Telephone numbers
4. Payment details
5. Billing and Shipping address
6. Job title
7. Other information you have submitted through the website not mentioned in the above list.
Why We Collect and Process Your Information
Without collecting and using the information you provide to us or we obtain about you, it would not be possible for us to provide you with our products and/or services. We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us.
We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about new products or services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to contact you from time to time for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
- to administer our products and services and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our products and services to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you;
- as part of our efforts to keep our products and services safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of marketing and product information we serve to you and others, and to help deliver the most relevant information to you.
We must have lawful bases to collect and use your personal information, the below sets these out:
Needed for your contract.
Personal information about you and other users registered with Gallery Systems is held and used to:
- provide you with a quote;
- provide you with information about the product or service;
- receive payment;
- provide customer care and service.
Required by law
We use your personal information to comply with any law and regulations where we are required to do so
Our legitimate interest
We use your personal information for our legitimate interests as shown below. We have taken account of any privacy risks and ensured that your data protection rights are not affected. We believe these uses benefit our customers. You can contact us if you have any questions using the contact details email@example.com
- Training: for customer service training and compliance purposes. We let you know if a call is being recorded at the start of the call so you can decide whether to continue with the call or not;
- Statistical Analysis: we combine and group personal information for analysis to help us understand our customers and develop better products and services.
With your consent:
For certain uses, we rely on your consent to collect and use your personal information. You are given the choice to provide consent or not. When we collect your consent, we explain what we need it for and how you can change your mind in the future. Who We Share Your Personal Information With We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Data storage partners and who provide virtual infrastructure.
- Partners who provide payment processing facilities on our behalf.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our products or services.
a service provider needs to access information about you to perform
services on our behalf, they do so under close instruction from us,
including policies and procedures designed to protect your information.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we dispose of or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Gallery Systems or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Data Retention Periods
It is our aim to only hold your data for as long as this is necessary. While you continue as a customer with us we will retain your data as detailed above in this statement. The retention period will be 24 months from the date of termination of our terms of service. We have a high number of customers who re-engage with our service after a period of absence from the end of their contract. This retention period allows for the data to be reused where necessary. However, you can request that your Data is deleted at any time within this period. We will respond to your request and complete the full deletion within 30 days.
Specific legal periods are in place for payments details, tax and invoicing data, and this would be retained in accordance with the law (which is currently five years).
We are committed to protecting the security of your personal data. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal data from unauthorised access and use. As effective as modern security practices are, no physical or electronic security system is entirely secure. The transmission of information via the internet is also not completely secure. We cannot guarantee the complete security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet. We will continue to revise policies and implement additional security features as new technologies become available.
Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted to us. Any transmission of data is at your own risk. Once we receive your personal data, we use appropriate security measures to seek to prevent unauthorised access.
Where Your Data Is Stored
Physical files are stored in secured premises at our business address. Electronic files are stored on secure servers or in the cloud. Your data will not be transferred to any outside source not specified in this policy without your permission.
As an individual, under EU law you have the right to request that we:
- provide you with information as to whether we process your data and details relating to our processing, and that we provide you with a copy of your data (‘access right’).
- rectify and/ or update any inaccurate data we might have about you without undue delay (‘right to rectification’).
- the right to object to processing of data relating to you (‘right to object’).
- under certain circumstances, be restricted from processing your data (‘right to restriction’).
- under certain circumstances, erase your personal data without undue delay (i.e. the “right to erasure”). and under certain circumstances, furnish you with the personal data which you provided us within a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format (‘right to data portability’).
Where we process your data solely on the basis of your consent, you are entitled to withdraw your consent at any time. This will not affect the lawfulness of our processing before the withdrawal.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the appropriate authories at any time.
The exercise of your rights might be subject to certain conditions and we might require further information from you before we can respond to your request.
Changes to This Statement
We reserve the right to change this Statement at any point in time, at our sole discretion. If we make any changes, we will publish those changes on our website. At the bottom of this document you will find the date on which this Statement was last updated.
Questions, comments, requests and complaints regarding this Statement and the information we hold are welcome and should be addressed to us directly. We endeavour to deal with all requests promptly and efficiently.
Bimani Pty Ltd., Trading as Gallery Systems
Unit 3, 6 Technology Drive,
Warana Qld 4575
Last updated: 14th June 2018